Thread: Mitchell Area hunting question

Default Mitchell Area hunting question

I am looking to come up to hunt the Mitchell area Nov 26-28th with three or four business clients. We want to run our own dogs, if possible, and we can either stay in town or go to a lodge, depending on prices. Any suggestions for an outfitter who would help make this trip workout for us? I am just not that familiar with SD and would appriciate any suggestions. Thanks

Contact Jenn at Glenwood Kennels in Mitchell(she has a website) as long as you don't mind being outshot and outdogged by a girl.
    There's lots of things along the road, I'd surely like to see
    I'd like to lean into the wind and tell myself I'm free......Townes Van Zant

I would also look at Rooster Roost Ranch in Mitchell. Great place with great service and facility.

Default Uguide

We use the UGUIDE site. There are a couple openings yet for this year. No, Chris isn't paying me for this.

The pheasant numbers in Mitchell are down quite a bit due to the drought - I would suggest looking elsewhere - maybe a bit north. I just returned from a 3 week trip and covered a good amount of land - you will find birds where you find water.

If your hunting a lodge close to the mitchell area your probably not hunting wild birds. Just a heads up on that. Some like to hunt pin raised birds but I don't. You probably need to go West of Mitchell a ways.