Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: looking for a wirehaired pointing griffon

  1. #1

    Default looking for a wirehaired pointing griffon

    I live in mn and would prefer a breeder that would be driving distance. but most importantly i want a quality dog.

  2. #2

    Default

    How far is a driving distance? There are some good breeders in MN as well as Wisconsin. If you wanted to look you can check here as they have a list of breeders in the US and Canada.

    http://awpga.com/

    If looking for specifics, drop me a note

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sepointer View Post
    How far is a driving distance? There are some good breeders in MN as well as Wisconsin. If you wanted to look you can check here as they have a list of breeders in the US and Canada.

    http://awpga.com/

    If looking for specifics, drop me a note
    Do you know who is currently breeding the best dogs in the midwest?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Dakota / Arizona
    Posts
    6,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpointinglab View Post
    Do you know who is currently breeding the best dogs in the midwest?
    peter, I know a guy in Oregon that is into Griffs and is on the VersatileDogs.com web site a lot. If you do go on that site his handle is "orhunter". I think he got his last dog from a breeder in Wisconsin. I have emailed him to get the names of some good breeders of field Griffs in your area. I'll PM you if I get some good info.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

    Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    peter, I know a guy in Oregon that is into Griffs and is on the VersatileDogs.com web site a lot. If you do go on that site his handle is "orhunter". I think he got his last dog from a breeder in Wisconsin. I have emailed him to get the names of some good breeders of field Griffs in your area. I'll PM you if I get some good info.
    Thanks a ton Dakotazeb

  6. #6

    Default

    I know that Bill Jensen from milaca has been breeding some really good griffs for some time. The guy I got mine from in Iowa has been out of it for awhile but had talked about getting back into it. i will check and see if he has any thoughts. I will look at some of my past contacts in Wisconsin to see if they have any thoguhts. I would also look at the NAVHDA site. It seems that more griff breeders are registering there rather than AKC.

  7. #7

    Default

    I appreciate the help guys

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Caldwell, Idaho
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpointinglab View Post
    I live in mn and would prefer a breeder that would be driving distance. but most importantly i want a quality dog.
    If your used to a lab,s "double" coat you may be disapointed with a wirehaired " single" coat. If you hunt wild birds and want a "single coat" I would check out PP at Cedarwood kennels In Idaho. If you perfer a pointer with a double coat www.wesslpointer.com

  9. #9

    Default

    Griffons have a double coat not a single coat. The outer coat is harsh and wiry with an undercoat that is a fine thick down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Madison County, Iowa
    Posts
    277

    Default Finished dog

    How much are you looking to spend? The breeder I got my dog from has a very nice finished dog.

    6R Upland Kennels

    You can see pictures of (Gus) the dog on gundogbreeders.com then click on iowa and then on 6R Upland Kennels

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •