Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey's Turkey's Turkey's

Default Turkey's Turkey's Turkey's

Just about ready to head on my turkey trip for the year. 2 weeks and counting. How have the birds in Northern Idaho been doing. Anybody out looking for birds have they broken up into smaller groups yet, any gobbling. Please share any info you are willing to. I cannot wait.

Thanks for the info. I should throw a rod in my truck. I have never caught a steelhead before. Catching a big steelie is on the bucket-list for me. If I get my tag filled early a little time fishing may be just what the Dr. ordered. That area around Orofino is definitely gods country if you ask me.

Isn't that weird, we have a place called Fine Gold (Orofino) up around me. I think of mountain quail and big bows when I think of Fine Gold and you guys think gobblers and cuts.
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wonderful hunt this year. Northern Idaho is so beautiful. The birds were thick and some of them came in to my calls for a fabulous hunt. Here are a few pictures from our hunt. My cousin really goes all out on his camo. The birds had nice thick beards and some pretty nasty spurs. I did not manage to get after the steelhead as the turkey took all of our time but I have got to try for them one of these years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    Wonderful hunt this year. Northern Idaho is so beautiful. The birds were thick and some of them came in to my calls for a fabulous hunt. Here are a few pictures from our hunt. My cousin really goes all out on his camo. The birds had nice thick beards and some pretty nasty spurs. I did not manage to get after the steelhead as the turkey took all of our time but I have got to try for them one of these years.
    Looks like a great trip!Love your cousins camo job!

Good looking birds, with the chukar season almost over time to think about gobblers!!!
    "It takes birds to make a bird dog"

Any turkey reports for 2015? I filled my Montana tag, thinking about heading west to try Idaho.
    "It takes birds to make a bird dog"

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningCitori View Post
    Any turkey reports for 2015? I filled my Montana tag, thinking about heading west to try Idaho.
    Had over 100 hen turkeys walk past my door this spring Down to 3 pheasants If you want pheasants don't stock turkeys!

Quote Originally Posted by wesslpointer View Post
    Had over 100 hen turkeys walk past my door this spring Down to 3 pheasants If you want pheasants don't stock turkeys!
    How many pheasants would you typically see in the spring?

Nick
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

http://www.pheasantfreaks.com

Quote Originally Posted by wesslpointer View Post
    If you want pheasants don't let your habitat turn into turkey habitat.
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson