Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in Wyoming

Default Hunting in Wyoming

Ok I know this is a Pheasant hunting forum but I was hoping some one could point me in the right direction for Pronghorn. Im going to have some extra time off next fall and want to go out there. Im only in the research stage at this point and just need a shove down the right mountain. Will be looking at the parks and wildlife site next.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
    Scott Niemuth
    If women don't find you handsom they should at least find you handy.-Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by WI ditch chicken View Post
    Ok I know this is a Pheasant hunting forum but I was hoping some one could point me in the right direction for Pronghorn. Im going to have some extra time off next fall and want to go out there. Im only in the research stage at this point and just need a shove down the right mountain. Will be looking at the parks and wildlife site next.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
    Scott Niemuth
    Scott from another Scott, There are more speed goat in Wyoming than any place in the world. Imho, You feel free to pm me and Ill put you on the goats.
    You can't go wrong In most of the state, but they are not in the mountains.

I would put in for the Walton or gas hills part of the state, if you want a trophy buck. Or the Gillette area or south to wray. Casper in the central part of the state towards Rawlins Has tons, but not much public land. Hope this helps. btw You have to get drawn to hunt as a NR.

Wyo definitely has the best goats in the world. Here's a pair from just south of the Wyo border to get you excited!
    http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.c...ead.php?t=8630

Quote Originally Posted by winchester21 View Post
    Wyo definitely has the best goats in the world. Here's a pair from just south of the Wyo border to get you excited!
    http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.c...ead.php?t=8630
    Nice Winchester21, Colorado has it's share of Goats also.

Thanks Jmac. So sorry to hear about your incident and injury. I really hope you're doing okay and that you heal up soon.

Thank you Winchester21, I'll be fine, got real lucky.

The thing about WY antelope is where permits are an easy draw there isn't much public land and where the draw is hard there's tons of public land.
    It's good your starting to get information early.
    Sure enough lots of antelope in Wy, You'll do OK.
    I've hunted those areas just East and South East of Lander, a harder draw but LOTS of antelope and some very good ones.

Thanks guys I will keep you posted on my progress in research and volunteers to go with.

Scott

jsdriggs

You mean I might have to bring the dog, the shotgun, the rifle and the fishing rod! I wont know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdriggs View Post
    Absolutely! Chicken hunt early, Antelope hunt the rest of the day. Fish once you have your antelope.
    YUP, It's all good in Wyoming. Once you live it you will want to move in and live it for life. Until Winter comes, then not so much. LOL