Thread: It has been a great season.

Default It has been a great season.

This site is kind of dead right now. Has everyone called it a season already or are there any diehards out there still chasing some birds? I have been out 3 times in December with mixed results. One day of limits where I could have shot 6-9 roosters. One day with 12 pheasants all hens and one day with 2 roosters some qauil and some huns thrown in as well. I will get out at least one more day before it ends, possible two. I have not hunted one day on private ground in Idaho this year, but I have seen birds and had some shooting on every outing. I have lost close to 50 lbs chasing my dogs this year and consider bird hunting to be one of the best exercise programs I have ever taken on. I will sure miss it when its over. It has been a great season in my book.

I'm heading out tomorrow for one last hunt in ND. Normally, this last week of Dec is cold and snowy, but the forecast is for warm (35-40) and slight chance of..........."rain".

In spite of bird numbers being down in both ND and SD, I've been blessed with a great year. Oct was bad, but late Nov and Dec have made up for it.

I wish I could join you. I love SD best hunting I have ever had. I am sure ND would be awesome as well. Good luck to you.

I made it out 12/29. We saw quail, pheasants, and huns. It was a great day lots of poor shooting and happy dogs. The temps were amazing for nearly January. I cannot ask for anything more.