PDA

View Full Version : Your next possible gun purchase

onpoint
11-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Anybody have a certain gun they are looking to buy as their next new toy?

I have my heart set on a new Browning Citori 525/625 Golden Clays. I'm leaning towards the sub gauges 20/28/410 but may settle for just the right one in 12ga. The wood on the gun will have to be near exhibition grade and satin finished. NO HIGH GLOSS FINISH!

Something like this but it would have to have better wood on it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=202995761

or

I would look towards a Sub gauge Browning Grade V Citori

Something along this line

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Browning-Grade-V-20ga-NEW-IN-BOX-8727.cfm?gun_id=100154041

Now mind you, things will have to be just right for such a purpose. Right gun, right price and when I could swing it. Maybe towards spring or early summer.

Anybody have something in their sights, that they are looking to purchase in the future?

beaglebob1
11-25-2010, 09:34 PM

I have my heart set on a new Browning Citori 525/625 Golden Clays. I'm leaning towards the sub gauges 20/28/410 but may settle for just the right one in 12ga. The wood on the gun will have to be near exhibition grade and satin finished. NO HIGH GLOSS FINISH!

or

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Browning-Grade-V-20ga-NEW-IN-BOX-8727.cfm?gun_id=100154041

Now mind you, things will have to be just right for such a purpose. Right gun, right price and when I could swing it. Maybe towards spring or early summer.

Anybody have something in their sights, that they are looking to purchase in the future?

gunbroker.com has some deals. just bought a BSS 20 ga, wife looked at me :mad:and said give the reason you need this one, she has heard them all. have 2 safes full now..but but I dont have one of these and i need it for quail and you can shoot this one because it is a 20 ga. you would look really cool with that sxs..;)

quail hound
11-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Possibly a benelli legacy 28ga, but I don't know if I could go back to just one barrel.:D. Or a citori featherlite 20ga.

Downtown Bang!
11-26-2010, 08:11 AM
I will be buying a 20 gauge for grouse hunting.

First choice is an original Winchester 101 choked open and with a nice dark walnut finish. Just love the looks of those shotguns but not easy to find at a reasonable price.

Second choice is the Browning Cynergy Feather. Many don't like the looks of these shotguns but when I've handled them thay seem to come up to my shoulder easily and point naturally.

BleuBijou
11-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Possibly a benelli legacy 28ga, but I don't know if I could go back to just one barrel.:D. Or a citori featherlite 20ga.

Not sure you could go wrong with those two!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

onpoint
11-26-2010, 10:51 AM
I will be buying a 20 gauge for grouse hunting.

First choice is an original Winchester 101 choked open and with a nice dark walnut finish. Just love the looks of those shotguns but not easy to find at a reasonable price.

Second choice is the Browning Cynergy Feather. Many don't like the looks of these shotguns but when I've handled them thay seem to come up to my shoulder easily and point naturally.

I have a Cynergy Feather 3 barrel set in 20,28,410. I love the gun, swings fast and super light to carry.

Here's another nice Citori 20ga in Grade V. I have one just like it in field grade. I would like to upgrade to something like this

http://www.gunsinternational.com/BROWNING-CITORI-GRADE-V-SIDEPLATE-with-CASE.cfm?gun_id=100089704

onpoint
11-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Charles Daily Superior 28g

Single trigger non selective barrel's. Tang safety

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=201059451

Gove County Britts
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I am looking to buy an Ithica pump in a 20 guage to go with my Ithica 37 12 guage don't really need it but it sure would look good to have a set of Ithicas in the gun cabinet

waterdog09
12-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Well I have two guns on my wish list right now, 12ga 28" browning maxus camo for waterfowl hunting and a 12ga 28" browning cynergy feather....Both of these guns are extremely light and both shoulder great, love the maxus for it's ease of use and how easy it is to pull the plug along with the new gas system, and well the cynergy is just sexy all around couldn't ask for anything more from a upland gun....wish I could afford either right now but I guess I will have to wait, one at a time.

rwigg
12-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I am looking to buy an Ithica pump in a 20 guage to go with my Ithica 37 12 guage don't really need it but it sure would look good to have a set of Ithicas in the gun cabinet

got the Ithica 20 ga. pump, featherlite, but don't think I could part with it! Just a riot to shoot!
Rod

beaglebob1
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM

or

winchester model 23 pigeon grade:D

FCSpringer
12-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I am dreaming when ready to get either a Cesar Gurini or a Kimber OH, but I just got the Cortona so that will be a while.

I would love to find an H&K 223 auto for Coyotes. My dad had one for years and it was an awsome gun. Kept it's acuracy even as an auto. They quit making them.
And I would like to get a Rem 7mm mag Stainless. That will most likely be the first and most reasonable. And since there is now a chance to run in to a wolf who wants to eat your dog while grouse hunting, I am getting my first side arm ever, a Glock 9mm.:D

PairOfLabs
12-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Hey Waterdog09--we think alike. I've already got the 12 GA camo Maxus in 28" and I love it. A Cynergy or Citori 12 GA 28" Feather would be a great addition. I'd give up my Citori 12 GA 28" White Lightning then. It doesn't get out much due to it's weight now that I've got the 7 lb Maxus.
PairOfLabs

Fenway
12-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I like this, seems like a good price.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/977905474/Guns/Shotguns/Rizzini-Shotguns/RIZZINI_ARTEMIS_16GA_28_SHOTGUN.htm#

cheesy
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
got the Ithica 20 ga. pump, featherlite, but don't think I could part with it! Just a riot to shoot!
Rod

Me too, mine is a 1949 version. Would like to have a 12 to match it. Kicking myself for passing on a minty 16 guage at the local shop. Same era as my 20. Went back the next day and it was gone.

I'm really out of the market for shotguns, perfectly happy with my 391. Wouldn't mind a good SxS, but don't want to spend the coin. Would have to be double triggers though.

Rifles on the other hand are hard to pass up. Am really wanting a Kimber Classic Select in .257 Roberts and some nice walnut on a classic 7x57 Mauser.

bobeyerite
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Would you guys believe me if I said "Nothing". At this point in time I have all the guns I want and nothing has really turnrd me on lately.........Bob

quail hound
12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Come on Bob, that bennelli legacy 28 sure looks good in my dreams when I take that triple on the covey rise.:D

bobeyerite
12-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Quail H, I had that dream before the season started and I got a 1100 Remington Sporting 28. Sweet gun I love it. That gun is so light in recoil you don't even know you are shooting. The "Bang" tells me I am........Bob

Cobblestone
12-09-2010, 12:11 PM
A 16 gauge O/U either a Citori or a Fausti Caledon. 16 is the eprfect all around gun.

VZWman
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I actually believe that for my graduation present from my parents, I am going to get one of the guns on my wishlist right now. The first 2 that I really want/feel I need are either a Winchester SX3. Typically hate auto's, but this one caught my attention and I haven't been able to give up on it no matter what I do. The other is a savage edge in either a .223 or a .22-250.

Dakotazeb
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I am dreaming when ready to get either a Cesar Gurini or a Kimber OH, but I just got the Cortona so that will be a while.

I would love to find an H&K 223 auto for Coyotes. My dad had one for years and it was an awsome gun. Kept it's acuracy even as an auto. They quit making them.
And I would like to get a Rem 7mm mag Stainless. That will most likely be the first and most reasonable. And since there is now a chance to run in to a wolf who wants to eat your dog while grouse hunting, I am getting my first side arm ever, a Glock 9mm.:D

Hey Ken, before you buy that Glock 9mm you might want to consider a .40 S&W. It's a little more firepower than the 9mm. This summer I bought a Springfield XDM in .40 S&W. Nothing wrong with a Glock. The Springfield just fit me better. I went and shot each at a gun store with an indoor range before buying and I'm really glad I did. Maybe we should get together for a day of pheasant hunting and I'll bring the XDM along for you to try?? :)

EEK
12-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey Waterdog09--we think alike. I've already got the 12 GA camo Maxus in 28" and I love it. A Cynergy or Citori 12 GA 28" Feather would be a great addition. I'd give up my Citori 12 GA 28" White Lightning then. It doesn't get out much due to it's weight now that I've got the 7 lb Maxus.
PairOfLabs

Yep, i bought a MODB Maxus and a Franchi Rainasance 12g i figure i have it all covered, might get the 20g franchi next, they are wicked light

Scoutdog
12-10-2010, 01:35 PM
........ I am getting my first side arm ever, a Glock 9mm.:D

You might consider getting a 40 cal Glock. You can then also buy a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for a little over $100 so you will have two calibers with one gun. 9mm is cheaper to shoot and reload, and thus practice with. You can then change back to the 40 cal barrel when you carry. The 40 cal magazines will work with the 9mm, but I went ahead and purchased separate 9mm mags to avoid any confusion.

quail hound
12-10-2010, 07:57 PM
So I thought about a bennelli legacy 28 and decided maybe its a bit expensive for my brush busting quail ventures and the falls that can happen while chukar chasing. Now I'm more interested in a franchi 48al 28ga. I've never shot a semi so maybe that would be a better gun to see if I like it. Does anyone shoot a 48al or know someone who does? How do you like it?

FCSpringer
12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey Ken, before you buy that Glock 9mm you might want to consider a .40 S&W. It's a little more firepower than the 9mm. This summer I bought a Springfield XDM in .40 S&W. Nothing wrong with a Glock. The Springfield just fit me better. I went and shot each at a gun store with an indoor range before buying and I'm really glad I did. Maybe we should get together for a day of pheasant hunting and I'll bring the XDM along for you to try?? :)

I'm game, any good areas by camby you want to go back to. All cattail hunting here now. We can hit one friends 80 by Montivideo not too far from there.

mnbirdchaser
12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm saving for a sxs 16 gauge for next season. Gonna have to save an double since the wife will want something of equal or greater value.

Dakotazeb
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I bought a 16 ga. SxS this past summer and it's almost all I have used this season. I bought a BSA Classic which is the same gun as the TriStar Brittany. It's made by Zabala in Spain. There were some mixed reviews on this gun on the internet but it has functioned flawlessly for me and I love it. Mine has 26" barrels and a single selective trigger. BSA and TriStar no longer import this gun but I found one on the web that was new in the box for $750.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad181/dakotazeb/1556683_bsaclsc_03l.jpg

wesslpointer
12-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Yep, i bought a MODB Maxus and a Franchi Rainasance 12g i figure i have it all covered, might get the 20g franchi next, they are wicked light

Have you had a problem with the safety hanging up between top and bottom and not going off? Its like the old Browning I had problems with.

waggs
12-12-2010, 12:52 AM
So I thought about a bennelli legacy 28 and decided maybe its a bit expensive for my brush busting quail ventures and the falls that can happen while chukar chasing. Now I'm more interested in a franchi 48al 28ga. I've never shot a semi so maybe that would be a better gun to see if I like it. Does anyone shoot a 48al or know someone who does? How do you like it?

Have the 48al in 20 gauge, Got it a few years ago and its my favorite gun to hunt with.

Been shopping for a o/u but haven't found the one thats going home with me yet. But I will say that the Franchi Renaissance 20 gauge has been on the radar.

AtTheMurph
12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
I just pcked up a Renato Gamba Principessa 28ga SxS.
I've talked about getting a SxS 28ga for quail hunting for 20 years and my hunting buddy has really been on my butt to shut up already.
It's a very nicely made gun. Fit is excellent, nice walnut and hand cut checkering. Not overly fancy but a fine piece of work and not something I'm going to feel bad about actually hunting with, which was the point I think.

Only bad thing is the double trigger which I have no experience with but don't think it will be a big issue. Just might have to go buy some tweed to make the outfit complete.:)

sigav8r
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM

Ditto! I just got this gun myself about a month ago and couldn't be happier with it. :10sign:

IOWA_Tallgrass
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I already own 3 O/Us (red label 12 and 20, 20 spartan). The 12 red label is my rooster workhorse. As I have gotten older, I have this odd desire to have more firepower at hand.:D

Therefore, I would say if I could splurge, it would have to be a 12 or 20 1100 special field with a straight english stock and a short barrel.

I think I could benefit from the extra shots...:eek:

EEK
12-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Have you had a problem with the safety hanging up between top and bottom and not going off? Its like the old Browning I had problems with.

i havent shot it yet but i have heard when you switch barrels you need to usee posative presure to make sure its in the right spot, so i could not tell you