Stuffed Breast of Pheasant En Croute
|Email to a Friend Print this|
- 4 pheasant breast (if pheasant is not available chicken may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup brie cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced and sauteed until translucent
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced and sauteed until translucent
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, concasse (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry, 5 x 5 inches
- 1 egg, beaten
Season breast with salt and pepper.
Sear well in a pan with butter and let cool.
Mix Brie, shallots, garlic, tomato, onion, mushrooms and sage.
Season to taste.
Stuff 1/4 of cheese mixture under the skin of each cooled breast.
Wrap each with a slice of bacon.
Wrap with puff pastry.
Brush top with beaten egg.
Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes.