Pheasant Kabob Recipe
|Email to a Friend Print this|
- 2 whole pheasants, meat de-boned from breasts and thighs, cut into chunks One package of thick cut bacon
- 2 Onions, cut into two-inch chunks
- 2 Bell Peppers, cut into two-inch slices
- 1 package medium mushrooms
- Glaze or marinade of your choice
If desired, put the pheasant meat and your marinade of choice together in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for four hours.
Place a chunk of pheasant meat and a slice of onion or pepper together and wrap one slice of bacon around them. Skewer three or four of these combinations onto a kabob stick. Take the leftover vegetables and mushrooms and skewer them on separate sticks. Using a marinade brush, put the leftover marinade on the veggies to add some flavor.
Place tinfoil on the areas of the grill you will be using to cook the kabobs and spray the tinfoil with non-stick oil, such as Pam. Ignite the grill and heat to high and then bring back down to low. Cook the kabobs on the foil - preferably on an upper or raised rack - on low heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until the kabob meat is done. The vegetable kabobs will finish before the meat kabobs, so remove them a few minutes earlier.