Flint Ridge Pheasant
|Email to a Friend Print this|
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (2/3 cups dry)
- 1 cup carrots, julienned 1 inch strips cooked
- 5 slices bacon
- 1-2 tablespoon oil or butter
- 2 skinless boneless pheasant breast halves, cut in 2 x 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- 1/4 cup sherry wine or dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,quartered
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Put the wild rice in 9x9x2-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
Layer the carrots over the wild rice. In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble over the carrots.
Pour off grease from skillet and add a tablespoon or two of oil.
Saute the pheasant until well browned on both sides (about 10 minutes).
Transfer to baking dish.
In same skillet, saute the mushrooms and green onions until tender, adding additional oil if needed.
Add soup, cream and sherry, and mix well.
Add mozzarella and gently stir in artichokes.
Spread over the pheasant layer.
Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Cover dish with foil sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; remove foil and bake 15 more minutes until bubbly throughout.