Classic Pheasant Bake Recipe
|Email to a Friend Print this|
- 1 cup raw wild rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Water chestnuts
- Four strips of cooked bacon, cut into squares
- 2 pheasants, cut up, floured and browned
- 1 pkg. instant onion soup mix
- 1 can fried onion toppers
Mix rice, canned soups, water, mushrooms, bacon and water chestnuts in 9x13 glass casserole dish. Add pheasant. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Cover lightly with foil. Bake for two hours at 300 degrees. Add onion toppers and cook for another 30 minutes.
Pheasant meat is a great alternative to chicken. Try it in soups, hot dishes and other meals that call for chicken. A fall weekend isn?t complete without some wild game, and with dishes like these and so many more, the preparation possibilities are endless for the finest fowl in our outdoors.