|Email to a Friend Print this|
- 8 pheasants, breasts boned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 8 strips
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup onions, sliced
- hot pepper sauce
Flatten pheasant breasts then place 1 tb of green chilies and 1 strip of jack cheese on each, then roll to enclose the filling and secure the roll with a toothpick.
Combine the bread crumbs,parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, pepper and 1/2 ts of cumin, mixing well.
Dip the breast rolls in butter and then coat with crumb mixture, place in a baking dish and chill for 4 hours or more.
Drizzle the remaining butter on the breast rolls and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 min. or until brown.
Combine the tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook until heated through.
Spoon over rolls and serve.