The #1 dedicated pheasant hunting website & community!
Pheasant Hunting Guides, Outfitters, Lodges - List Your Business

10 Gauge Outfitters

Go Back   Ultimate Pheasant Hunting Forum > Pheasant Hunting Discussions > Pheasant Hunting Forum

Pheasant Hunting Forum This is the place for pheasant hunting discussions! Any regional information, post down in the regional forum boards.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 PM
Webguy's Evil Apprentice

Lazer-UPH is on a distinguished road
Default A Highlight Video from January in Kansas

As you know part of our job is to help our outfitters out, learning more of what they have to offer. Well this spring I and our graphic designer and Scott my GQ photo model went down to Kansas for a quick video attempt. We did a shortened version of this video, but thought it would be a good idea to place all the highlights of the flush on here. Take a peek - let me know what you think!

Flushing Highlight Video - https://youtu.be/PBQ8FflUMRo

Full Marketing Video - https://youtu.be/wXopkG43JMk
Old 04-18-2017, 08:05 AM
UPH Guru

PheasantWhisperer is on a distinguished road

Pretty cool. I like the drone angles!
Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 AM
UPH Guru

jonnyB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer-UPH View Post
As you know part of our job is to help our outfitters out, learning more of what they have to offer. Well this spring I and our graphic designer and Scott my GQ photo model went down to Kansas for a quick video attempt. We did a shortened version of this video, but thought it would be a good idea to place all the highlights of the flush on here. Take a peek - let me know what you think!

Improved background music in the marketing video. More dog work, less shooting/kill is always interesting; good balance in second video. Would like to have the owner introduced at the start of the video...who is he?

Would assume the web info talks about location et al...
Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 AM
UPH Guru

jmac is on a distinguished road

I like them.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Webguy's Evil Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyB View Post
Improved background music in the marketing video. More dog work, less shooting/kill is always interesting; good balance in second video. Would like to have the owner introduced at the start of the video...who is he?

Would assume the web info talks about location et al...
The second video was made for the website, I had just thought for a tradeshow and or highlight reel for those who love those pheasant flushing shots it would be good to have together.

The owner is Tim Weddington down at 10 Gauge Outfitters in Kansas. The marketing video has a brief intro of him and voice over.

http://www.10gaugeoutfitters.com/

Drone shots - well I told the guys to shoot - don't be afraid of hitting the drone, just do not blow it up entirely that I can't get the memory card out.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:30 AM
UPH Amateur

NewWingshooter is on a distinguished road

I think both videos were well done. The highlights video got to be a little long, watching here in the office, but if watching at home or at a trade show, I think the length is ok. Actually would have enjoyed another shot or two from the high drone angle, but that's just personal preference.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Webguy's Evil Apprentice

There was some more at the drone level - but the birds were really small. It was the first time I got the drone out on an actual hunt and not staging or just video of people walking like they are hunting. It took awhile for those guys to be comfortable with the drone instead of worrying about it.

But I plan on after learning what I did - a heck of alot more drone on the run hunts. Might just paint it orange!
Old 04-18-2017, 03:09 PM
UPH Guru

BritChaser is on a distinguished road

Great videos. Terrific dog work.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:19 PM
UPH Amateur

Huntmorevizslas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer-UPH View Post

Great Videos! I really enjoyed them. The drone scenes were awesome. Were those pen raised birds, or fair chase pheasants?

Huntmore Vizslas
Old 04-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Webguy's Evil Apprentice

There's two shots where I used set birds. One was actually after I kinda got the shot I wanted but wanted to be sure I got it. Where the guys were pushing into me. Like I was blocking. I wanted to be sure there was a good shot there. Then there was one where you could see the pointer in the foreground and the bird got up behind him.

The rest were wild shots on the run in the field. Hunting with pointers definitely helped because you could set up on the birds and get ready. All the drone shots aside from one were hens. It was fun zipping across the hunters with it.