The #1 dedicated pheasant hunting website & community!
Pheasant Hunting Guides, Outfitters, Lodges - List Your Business

10 Gauge Outfitters

Go Back   Ultimate Pheasant Hunting Forum > Regional Forums > Missouri

Missouri Missouri pheasant hunting forum, meet up with Missouri Hunters, spots to hunt in Missouri and Missouri related posts.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
UPH Rookie

bpope is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheasantWhisperer View Post
I didnt really care that the guy lined up in front of my truck. And I was not rude to him. And would have hunted with him and his son if my daughter didnt already have her limit. The heat was a little unbearable too for me and the pups. They were the only other ones there. But I bet on adult season its way more packed. To answer the other question: Pheasants are in pockets. Ive seen them close to I-70 but are more plentiful in the top two counties going across the very north part of the state. But again, up there they are in pockets. Quail are more plentiful and spread out. Pheasants are not. Look for corn fields with the darker colored soil like they have in Iowa and you will find pheasants. Milo is good too. Missouri does not stock birds to my knowledge.
Thank you again for the guidance. Last night I was looking at the conservation areas in the Northwest Regions and some were listing good populations. My mom's family is from Centerville, IA - just north of Unionville, MO. I might have to go up towards the north part of the state in the center and see what I kind of luck I have on a visit up to Iowa.. Just debating on the far northwest corner or the farthest point north of the state, right now. Very cool there are wild pheasant in MO.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:37 PM
UPH Guru

Crossing shot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheasantWhisperer View Post
I didnt really care that the guy lined up in front of my truck. And I was not rude to him. And would have hunted with him and his son if my daughter didnt already have her limit. The heat was a little unbearable too for me and the pups. They were the only other ones there. But I bet on adult season its way more packed. To answer the other question: Pheasants are in pockets. Ive seen them close to I-70 but are more plentiful in the top two counties going across the very north part of the state. But again, up there they are in pockets. Quail are more plentiful and spread out. Pheasants are not. Look for corn fields with the darker colored soil like they have in Iowa and you will find pheasants. Milo is good too. Missouri does not stock birds to my knowledge.
Seems kinda silly standing out there when there are just the two parties. That was the last time I lined up with others. We did well that day.

Not much shooting opening day. Semi-crowded. Only lasted a little over an hour.