Thread: New guy in KS

Default New guy in KS

Hello UPH, I have been reading for weeks now, finally decided to post a bit if and when I feel the urge. Was raised in NW Kansas where opening weekend was a holiday in my house, but then after college took a number of years off from hunting due to job issues. I have gotten back into it full bore the last couple of years and recently purchased my first bird dog, a springer named Dash. Still taking baby steps in his training, but sure enjoy reading all of the great info here on the site. I am definitely addicted to reading as much as possible. I have small group of great friends I teach with in the Wichita area that are gracious enough to invite me along for many great weekend hunts and I love every minute of it.

Welcome. Glad to have you aboard.
    Maynard Reece Byrd
    Dodge City

Welcome aboard Newspring! Sorry you've moved from God's country to Wichita I'm just to your west. Keep your pup moving forward. Your buddies will be hoping you will invite them soon!
    Trust the dog!

Troy Smith

Welcome To the forum fellow Kansan. I think you will find that there are a good number of very friendly kansans on the forum.

I spent 14 years in Wichita working for BIG "B". When there, I hunted birds with a friend up by Downs and Cawker City. At the time (1979-1993) the bird numbers were decent around the outskirts of Glen Elder Res.

Welcome fellow Kansan.

Welcome to the site friend!