Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to learn

Default want to learn

hello everyone,
    i just signed up and am excited to learn as much as possible. i got my first hunting dog in january and taking him out for the first time this month.

Welcome! Are you prepared for this addiction??? I'm kindof a beginner too, just a few years into learning as I go with my frist gun dog - a yellow lab retreiver. We hunt upland flushing not pointing. IMO, there are two great things about having a gun dog. For one, you are never in the field without your best friend, even if your two-legged buddies can't come along. The times you share with you dog are some of the most special you'll ever experience, and a bond is formed stronger than you ever would with a straight-up pet dog. Secondly, I find the off-season so much easier to get through now. We are always working on new skills, refining old ones, exercising, practicing... before you know it the next season is here! Anyhow, you'll pick up a lot here I think - have fun and good luck this season. Look forward to your updates.
    -Croc

Default First Hunting Dog

Quote Originally Posted by springer hunter1 View Post
    hello everyone,
    i just signed up and am excited to learn as much as possible. i got my first hunting dog in january and taking him out for the first time this month.
    That is great! Hunting over a dog is an unequaled joy. I hope you have a great hunting season.

I have had two hunting dogs and trained them both myself. I read some training books which were somewhat helpful, but I developed alot of my own training techniques. Glad to share them with you if you have questions.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Cool

Hey Brit Chaser i would love to hear what you have learned and what books you found helpful! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.. Im sure there is alot you could learn from people of this forum. If there is any question you may ever have, make a topic and let others help..good luck to you and your new bestfriend........O and feel free to post many pics

i also just got a pup and its a blast. she is the smartest GSP ever. good luck with your pup
    Where do i start

530RDG Cameron

Welcome to the site, don't be shy as the guys on this board are very knowledgable and will steer you in the right direrction, most of the time......

welcome, you will find many great people here.

Welcome from TX...enjoy the site but most of all enjoy the hunt with your new partner.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Welcome to the site, have a good time here.....Bob
    Watching a Brittany Work Is like Watching Beauty Unfold.
    I Always Trust My Brittany Tony, He Knows More Than I Do.
    I may be old, but I have not grown up yet