Thread: First hunt with my cousin

Default First hunt with my cousin

Hunted with my cousin yesterday around Russel. We started out with a group of 5 and ended up with just my cousin and I. We did well for the conditions. The birds were very wild, sticking to the edges of the cover. Most flushed when the blockers were getting into position. We hunted alot of waterways/sloughs with cattails and a huge draw with some thickets. It was the first time I had hunted with him and I had a great time. He had a shorhair that was very good. She stayed close and pointed solid. We ended up with a total of 5 roosters and missed a few more.

good for you, hunting is tough right now, a 3 or 4 inch snow would change everything....good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    good for you, hunting is tough right now, a 3 or 4 inch snow would change everything....good luck.
    I've been asking the good Lord for snow and cold weather lately

Quote Originally Posted by -Wildcat- View Post
    I've been asking the good Lord for snow and cold weather lately
    lol ..wildcat.. i believe everyone on the board from kansas could say the same thing!
    " conservation is a state of harmony between men and land"
    -Aldo Leopold

Amen. Any moisture right now would be beneficial.

some snow in the forecast now for Dec. 24th, Chritsmas eve, of course i can't be out there then, but it doesn't look significant at this time anyway.....