Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What else do you hunt?

Default What else do you hunt?

Besides pheasants, what else do you guys pursue? I really enjoy waterfowl and deer hunting in addition to chasing ditch chickens'. I probably do more goose hunting than anything in normal years, but this year is a definate exception. Been doing a lot of pheasant hunting due to lining up some smokin' farms, and I like not having to get up at 4:00 am and setting out a whole bunch of full body honker decoys.

Tomorrow I'm taking my wife out to hunt a warm water slough and see if we cant get her that first duck. Figure ducks will be easier cause she'll have more time to prepare for the shot than on roosters

If it swims,runs,or fly's we hunt it. My personal fav is spring turkey thou or blue grouse just for the challange thou and a good way to get the dog ready
    early without fears of my four legged feather chaser finding a eastern county
    rattler. Hope the wife enjoys, been tryin to convince mine that valetines day
    this year were doing something i like, last day of regular goose season.

good luck,
    Ringmaster

Elk,deer,pronghorn,coyote,goose,dove,pheasant,rabb it,prairie dog, I also like to shoot grouse with my bow while elk hunting but don't really try to hunt them. Would like to add bear and turkey to the list next season.

Cool, more grouse hunters

I love hunting the Craig/Hayden area for Blue's & Sharptails and would kill for a spot closer to home. Anybody have any luck with Blue's in the Gunny basin?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcoffey24 View Post
    Elk,deer,pronghorn,coyote,goose,dove,pheasant,rabb it,prairie dog, I also like \

o shoot grouse with my bow while elk hunting but don't really try to hunt them. Would like to add bear and turkey to the list next season.
    Blue grouse up in the Mountains is a blast with dogs.

I am with Ringmaster...and if I ain't hunt or fished for it yet, I sure as heck would try to do so!
    HC Out!

People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.
    -Otto von Bismarck

jlmatthew....Hunted the gunnison area for blue's for the past 4 years family has had cabin at blue mesa ranch.Hunting is usually productive also hunt elk
    down the road from there in powderhorn.

HeavyC.... i see we share the same point of view on dogs to. great lookin pup!

Danke! She's doing pretty good despite my sorry training.
    HC Out!

-Otto von Bismarck

oh i also chase a little beaver ever once in a while lol

Quote Originally Posted by only a pointer View Post
    oh i also chase a little beaver ever once in a while lol
    HC Out!

-Otto von Bismarck