Thread: Mushers or Tuf-Foot

Default Mushers or Tuf-Foot

Who uses either of these or both on their bird dogs? Do you like theses products? I see mushers can help with snow/ice buildup as well...

I've tried Tuf foot after a pad injury. Not sure if it helped, kind of messy to apply.

I bought some mushers secret last winter and while using it none of my dogs had to chew ice out of their paws. But..... I don't think I've ever seen my dogs chew ice out of their paws with out it!

I'm not much help.
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Never even heard of Tuf Foot. I've used Musher's Secret for 3-4 seasons now. It's great stuff. I do LOTS of hunting in snow, and my springer now gets nearly zero snow and ice in his paws. I apply it pretty liberally on his chest, tummy, arm pits & sac too. Really helps.

I've used Mushers Secret in the past to prevent snow build up in the dogs paws and didn't feel it worked all that well. Wore off fast so you needed to reapply frequently.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

I used Mushers this past winter when working in very wet brackish water soaked fields.
    It worked pretty good and I had no complaints.

I've used Mushers for a few years now. I put it on pretty heavy right before we hit the fields and it works great IMO. We typically start hunting in mid-November in SD through bird season in the midwest and seems like we always get into quite a bit of super cold and snow/ice weather. My brittany struggled with ice chunks and always licking/digging on them, I don't think i've had him do it since starting to use Mushers. Tuff is quite a bit messier IMO, it's much more liquid than "waxy" but I always thought it was more to "toughen" up their pads...which he's never had a problem.
    Browning Citori 725 + Brittany Spaniel = FLYING & DYING