Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.5 Months Away from the Opener

I'm excited to try the northern counties, this year. Live in Springfield, so a bit of a trek. I'm going to SD the end of this month, but not going to be able to bring the dog.

There will be alot more hunters this year I have a feeling. I have three dogs now that Im training up for guys. Have been turning people away because I dont have the time to deal with them and my own dogs. Ive never had this many calls from guys with new dogs. I think the opener and the week after gun season will be insane around here.
    Some people talk about it, some people live it!

I'll be out in NW until Kansas opens.

Default youth season

Im taking my daughter up to the Northwest on sunday the 30th. Be just us. If anyone else has a kid they wanna take let me know. Maybe we can meet up. Trying to get her used to hunting with others. Adults cant carry a gun but we will have 4 or 5 dogs with us. She wants to deer hunt on saturday and bird hunt sunday. Couldnt talk her into 2 bird hunting days. Likes deer jerky too much.
    Some people talk about it, some people live it!

Preferred Pet Products in Eagleville MO sells a 26/18 pork based dog food (Pzazz) that seems to help the joints of older bird dogs. Do they give hogs steroids? My nephew's lab had two hip surgeries. Switched him to Pzazz dog food and now he runs after their truck. My older britt seems to do well on it. Only 50 cents a pound.

Good luck next weekend.
    Last edited by Crossing shot; 10-15-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: addition