Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawk scream e collar

Default Hawk scream e collar

My father in law is talking about getting a new e collar and is considering getting ne that makes the hawk scream. Just curious is anyone has any experience with these collars. To me it seems more like a gimmick but I have been wrong before.

One of my buddies has one. It sounds awful, don't know if it works though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeismydog2 View Post
    One of my buddies has one. It sounds awful, don't know if it works though.
    I bought a tritronics beeper collar once years ago.

Awful is about the perfect word for it.
    I sold that collar as quickly as I could.

I love mine. I turn off the run tone because it's annoying and most of the time I know where my dog is. When the dog goes in the tall thick stuff I turn the scream on with the transmitter so if the dog goes on point I know where he is. As far as the hawk scream helping to hold birds or scaring birds I have not noticed a difference. Even on the low volume the beeper is loud so I place duck tape over the speaker.

They are great, only because I know that I'm within a 1/2 mile of a guy whose dog has one on.

Quote Originally Posted by 519vx View Post
    They are great, only because I know that I'm within a 1/2 mile of a guy whose dog has one on.
    That's too close

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Danger View Post
    I love mine. I turn off the run tone because it's annoying and most of the time I know where my dog is. When the dog goes in the tall thick stuff I turn the scream on with the transmitter so if the dog goes on point I know where he is. As far as the hawk scream helping to hold birds or scaring birds I have not noticed a difference. Even on the low volume the beeper is loud so I place duck tape over the speaker.
    Kind of where you are at. If two or more parties are running beepers, I can pick mine out. Most with the hawk cry do have alternatives. I do not believe Tri-Tronics ever made a hawk only.

Quote Originally Posted by 519vx View Post
    They are great, only because I know that I'm within a 1/2 mile of a guy whose dog has one on and know to turn and go the other way.

There, fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by V-John View Post

There, fixed it for you.

Yes sir thank you. That was the most critical part of the response!

I guess I don't understand why most hunters agree that even so little as a truck door slamming or talking/instructing a dog in the field will send birds running, but think a screaming collar will freeze a bird up?

Granted, I run flushers, but my success went way up when two falls ago, I took off the little bell I kept on their collars. All that bell did was announce to any bird around that my dog was on its way.

I agree, they are noisy, and bothersome. Buddy of mine had a bell also, we kept taking it off his dog and throwing it away! he kept wondering why his dog kept loosing all those bells. I know that was my bad! That being said I think the screaching is a gimmic and I would not pay extra to get it and if he does decide to but that option, make sure it can be turned off. Dogs ears are pretty sensitive as well, might make the dog deaf!