Platte Creek Lodge
Platte Creek Lodge enjoys South Dakota's highest pheasant density in the State. With over 4,000 acres of private hunting ground, you will not be disappointed with your hunting experience. Located in Charles Mix County, one of the top in the nation for pheasant population, is a great start to any hunt. If you can get to the lodge, we can get you on a pheasant. Through the use of our Kawasaki mule, allows us to move about in the fields with the dogs. The mule is all we need for a great hunt through the native grasses, food plots, or tree belts.
Platte Creek Lodge has over 7,700 acres of private hunting ground for its exclusive use. We have planted food plots in some locations to help provide habitat for our pheasants all year around. Our birds are wild birds and will often challenge even the most experienced of hunters.
Pheasant Hunting Packages
While providing our clients with some of the best hunting South Dakota has to offer, here is our pricing current pheasant hunting & lodging rates. Our all inclusive package includes professional guided hunt with dogs, lodging, bird processing, and all meals and non-alcoholic beverages. Please call for your special pricing, as we have found every group has different needs: 2 day and 3 day packages available
- Waterfowl Hunting Add On: Waterfowl hunting $150.00 per person/per day
- Walleye Fishing Add On: Boat with all the fishing gear, up to 3 people. $375.00 per day
- Call for any additional days & rates for non-hunting guests for more information & daily rate fees.
- Please note you will have to purchase your license and any other non-inclusion items before arriving to Platte Creek Lodge, please view our Plan your Trip page for more details. All prices and packages are subject to SD 5.5 sales tax.
- Call us to help you plan your trip. At the time of booking we requirre a $500.00 non-refundable deposit per person.
Also try our CAST and BLAST adventures, hunt and fish in the same day.
Platte Creek Lodge can accommodate groups from 6 to 15 with the highest degree of comfort for all our guests. Our wonderful staff is available for groups who wish to be catered too, preparing delicious home cooked meals, and providing daily cleaning service (available upon request for additional fee). For those who wish to care for themselves, please feel free to use our kitchen as if it were yours.
Fishing & Other Hunts
Platte Creek Lodge Also Offers:
- South Dakota Fishing Guides on Lake Francis Case on the Missouri River
- South Dakota Ice Fishing on Missouri River
- South Dakota Waterfowl Hunting
- South Dakota Merriam Turkey Hunting
- Nebraska Mule Deer Hunting
- Nebraska Whitetail Deer Hunting
- Nebraska Merriam Turkey Hunting
January 2013 Tom and Nova Steinhauser purchased the lodge and became the new owners and operators. Both Tom and Nova have years of experience in the lodge business dating back to1988 at Thunderstik Lodge, located near Chamberlain, SD. Tom, a native of MN, has been guiding hunting and fishing for 20 some years.
Nova, coming from a family of 12, who all love hunting and fishing, has had years of experience cleaning and caring for people. She has 3 sons, Rocky, Riley and Rudy that love the outdoors as well, all residing nearby. Tom’s 2 daughters from MN: Ciarra and Courteney, who also enjoy coming out and visiting the area as well and even try hook a walleye or shoot a pheasant or two!